At LakeLady Custom Rods, Kris Kristufek builds custom fishing rods “as individual as you are.”
Handcrafted fishing tools that are custom-fitted to your individual measurements.
Using premium components, each rod is crafted with care, distinction and attention to detail, creating a unique fishing rod for the discriminating angler.
A passion for outdoors and rod building began over 60 years ago in the sandpits of Kansas. As age and maturity took over and retirement from a major international company became reality, the spark was reignited to build distinctive fishing tools that meet today’s exacting fishing needs, but cannot be mass-produced or purchased in a store. LakeLady Custom Rods was formed in 1999. What started as a hobby is now a small cottage industry in the lake country at Breezy Point in north central Minnesota.
A LakeLady Custom-Crafted Rod…
- Custom-fitted to your individual measurements (Physical stature, size of hands, and overall length of arm dictate the grip length)
- Crafted from premium blanks and guides
- May include colorful wood or cork handles, feather inlays, decorative thread weaving
- Includes a protective embroidered “rod sock”
- A distinctive fishing tool
- A work of art
Awards & Accolades
- LakeLady Custom Rods was named the official 2001 Minnesota Governor’s fishing opener rod crafter for the governor and his party.
- LakeLady custom rods also has been featured on Minnesota Bound with Ron & Raven; KMSP-Fox TV; Lakeland Public Television; Four Winds TV Show; and Brainerd Outdoor Radio, and others;
- Feature story in LakeCountry Journal July/August 2011;
- People’s Choice Award at the 2006 Kinship Partner Taste of the Lakes;
- 2003 Best of Show at the Custom Rod Builders Guild;
- Kris Kristufek is a member of the Custom Rod Builders Guild and regularly conducts rodbuilding seminars nationwide.